Community News

Dear all brothers and sisters of Burma,

I would like to share the following important CBC News with all of you.
All those Forty-four people affected by carbon monoxide are Karen ethnic people attending a church in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
U Than Aung
Burmese Cultural Society of Alberta (BCSA)
----- Original message -----
Carbon monoxide leak at Church sends 44 to hospital
CBC News
Posted: Nov 21,2011 8:12 PM MT
Last Updated: Nov 21,2011 8:11 PM MT
Dozens of people attending a Church function in Edmonton needed medical treatment after they were exposed to carbon monoxide.
Forty-Four people were sent to hospital Sunday night after they showed symptoms of exposure to the deadly gas at First Baptist Church at 100th Avenue and 109 Street
Health officials say the exposure level was low but some people showed more symptoms of poisonig than others.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odourless gas produced by burning material containing carbon. Early symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, nausea and fatigue, but prolonged exposure can cause brain damage and death.
Emergency crews traced the leak in the church to work being done on a boiler. The church was ventilated and deemed safe late Sunday night.
----- Edn of message -------


Post a Comment

Myanmar Celebrates Buddha Day on Kasone Full Moon